Madurkathi ( Madur Reed)
Uniqueness of Madur Reed:
• A local variety of grass / soft reed (Cyperus tagetum or Cyperus pangoreh which is found abundantly in the alluvial tracts of Purba and Paschim Medinipur in West Bengal is used to weave these mats.
• The non-conducting property of Madur reed is worth mentioning that infers sweat absorbing ability to the mats.
• The Madurs are dyed with vegetable dyes only, The vegetable dye preparation comes from natural sources. Black dye is produced using Haritaki ( Terminalia chebttla) fruit, fruit and barks of Babla tree (Acacia nilotica). Reddish dye is formed from a local tree name Rang gaach ( Peristrophe tinctoria).
• The design is influenced by local culture. The popular designs are of flower, mouchak (honey comb), barfi (rhomboidal) and Aetna ( cascading).
Madur Kathi is a form of grounding mat that allows you to do earthing while you are inside a building . It helps reduce anxiety in us and re-orient our feelings and thoughts.
Its excellent feature of anti – sweat /sweat absorbing , allows is maintaining healthy blood pressure and keeping the body temperature in control even in summery days .
Ancient gurus and yogis only used these mats for their prayers , meditation , yoga and sleep .
Soft Grass Mats are beneficial for :
- Reducing Anxiety
- Promoting Healthy Sleep
- Maintaining Blood Pressure
- Meditation and Yoga
- Skin and Body Wellness
Products available are :
Yoga Mats , Meditation Mats , Kitchen Runners, Eco Friendly Mutlipurpose Baskets, Beach Mats , Wine Bags , Hand bags and more.
We can also supply the products under your personal label / brand.Colors and sizes can be customized as per request.